I hate to be the one to burst your bubble, but there are an awful lot of blogs about…400million English written as of December 2010. So even though your aunt Edith thinks you are super cool and a genius for having one, you are going to have to be doing something unique to stand out from the crowd.
Being unique is difficult to achieve and it’s even harder to teach someone how to be unique, but I thought you might enjoy a few tips on how you can start your search for search for uniqueness.
- Personality – Your personality is everything, try to not conform to the norm. Go against everything your English Teachers taught you, be different, make people laugh through your writing, do what makes you happy and others will think you are great too. Seriously…sounds simple, but being Authentic is King!
- What’s your Niche? – There are lots of Social Media and Internet Marketing blogs about. There is nothing wrong with this, but if you are going to go down this route, you might want to have a Unique Selling Point. If you do happen to have a crazy past-time, skill or gift, why not shout about it and give your blog the edge.
- Design – If you are serious about being a success blogger, you might want to invest in some custom designed graphics. There’s some great services out-there at reasonable prices. I recommend any of the following.
- Be a Character – If you think you can pull it off, why not go one step further and build a whole character around your niche for your blog. There are lots of great examples out there of people who have been successful doing this.
- Creativity is Key – I’ve said this in previous posts and the fact still remains. Readers have short attention spans and get bored of bland text on the page, mix up your posts with images, videos, spoken audio or music.
- Well Researched – There are lots of bloggers who do short sharp and focused blogs giving personal opinions and past experience, this is great and there is nothing wrong with this, but some of the most valued and well respected bloggers are those that go that extra mile. Who evaluate products and services in detail and who are not afraid to go against the grain. Consider doing some of these types of posts every now and again and you will gain dedicated readers for life.
- Community Friendly – The whole point of a blog, is that its interactive and community focused, but many bloggers over look this. When bloggers first start out, they eagerly await that first comment on their post and then when it happens forget to interact and build relationships with their readers. Make your blog as easy as possible for readers to subscribe, comment, syndicate, contact you, add value and ask questions.
- It’s all in the Giving – Being a blogger is one thing, but being a real blogger is helping other bloggers to succeed. Reading other peoples blogs, will give you inspiration and ideas, it will help build your credibility in your niche and will make you stand out. One of the best ways to contribute to other bloggers is join a Tribe, like TSA Mastery.
Hope you found this post useful, let me know your methods for making yourself more unique and what you have found successful.
Republished by Blog Post Promoter